As the year 2018 is coming to an end, we should be preparing for the upcoming year! As a Malaysian, we all love our public holidays, especially when it falls close to the weekend. I’m sure all of you love a long weekend right? So here’s a list of the long weekends we will be having in the year 2019!
- New Year (1st January 2019, Tuesday)
As the New Year falls on the Tuesday, use your last leave of 2018 on the 31st of December and you will have a long weekend of 4 days to enjoy your New Year!
2. Thaipusam (21st January 2019, Monday)
3. Federal Territory Day (1st February 2019, Friday)
4. Chinese New Year (5th & 6th February 2019, Tuesday & Wednesday)
No matter you are Chinese or not, in Malaysia, we all love the Chinese New Year! For you to get a 5 days weekend, simply just apply your leave on the 4th February that falls on a Monday. In that way, you can either go for a nice holiday or you can clean up your house and buy all the necessaries for Chinese New Year!
5. Labour Day (1st May 2019, Wednesday)
A day that everyone is looking forward to, Labour Day! Reward yourself with a long weekend by applying leave on the Thursday & Friday so that you will get a Labour Week!
6. Vesak Day (19th & 20th May 2019, Sunday & Monday)
When I was a kid, Vesak Day was one of my favourite festival as I used to stay in Brickfields where a walking ceremony will be held from Brickfields to the city of Kuala Lumpur. I love seeing the decorations on the trucks as it is so unique and colourful and some of them are huge!
7. Nuzul Quran (22nd May 2019, Wednesday) – apply leave on 23rd-24th
8. Hari Raya Puasa (5th & 6th June 2019, Wednesday & Thursday)
Definitely one of Malaysian favourite Festive Season when it comes to Hari Raya as we can dig into all the traditional Malay dishes! Yummy! What’s even better? Another long weekend if you apply your leave on the 7th June, Friday!
9. Hari Raya Haji (11th & 12th August 2019, Sunday & Monday)
10. National Day & Awal Muharram (31st August – 2nd September 2019, Saturday – Monday)
11. Malaysia Day (16th September 2019, Monday)
12. Christmas Day (25th December 2019, Wednesday)
And the last holiday of 2019, Christmas! The most joyful season of the year where people exchange gifts and have fun! To make it even more joyful, apply for leave on the 26th & 27th December so that you can enjoy your Christmas to the maximum!
I’m not too sure about you, but I’m off to plan my holidays!